PTA GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING MINUTES 11/21/2019
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- The minutes from the October 19, 2019 general meeting were read and approved.
- Annual Appeal will kick off soon, materials will go out in backpacks.
- Next month’s general membership meeting will focus on enrichment programs.
- Dana will discuss tardiness.
- Please direct all urgent messages for your children through the main office. Smart phones and watches are discouraged.
- Please ask your children to wait in their designated areas for their teachers each morning in the school yard.
- Kara Pranikoff and Robin Weiswasser gave a presentation on Responsive Classroom and how it has been implemented at PS234.
- The PTA allocates $66,000 for Professional Development, and some of it goes toward Responsive Classroom training.
- Friends & Fashion raised $53,000. Book Fair raised $5,328. Bake Sale raised $1,912.
- Revised expenditures include $4,500 for exterminator, $80,000 for School Professionals, $56,000 for DOE Transfer and $36,000 for a Capital Expenditure for computer hardware.
- A motion was seconded and approved to spend $36,000 on a Capital
- Expenditure to purchase computer hardware for the 4th and 5th grades.
1st VP REPORT
- Taste of Tribeca has reached its 26th year. Monthly committee meeting will begin in December. There are many jobs that one can volunteer to be done on one’s own time.
- Soccer Drive is Nov. 26-Dec. 6.
- Game Night is Jan. 10 for 4th and 5th grade students.
- Winter Fair is Jan. 25.
- Bake Sale is Feb. 13.
- Project Cicero is Feb. 28-Mar. 4.
- Please set up your account in the online school directory. Accounts willmcarry over to the next year.
- Still need a chair to oversee the garden.
- A motion to close the meeting was seconded and approved. The meeting ended at 9:50am.