PTA GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING MINUTES Date: 12/19/2019
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- The minutes from the November 21, 2019 general meeting were read and approved.
- Annual Appeal represents 40% of the PTA annual budget. PTA pays for items outside of teacher salaries. Donations can be made one-time or monthly, by check or PayPal. Ask grandparents or family members to donate. All donations are 100% tax deductible. Corporate matching is available.
- Future Parent Meetings: 1/17 at 6pm, Raising Race Conscious Children, diversity workshop led by RRCC staff. http://raceconscious.org. 2/25 at 8:40am, Creating Healthy Relationships with Media and Technology, presented by Michelle Lipkin, Executive Director National Association for Media Literacy and Education. https://namle.net
- UpcomingPTAmeetingtopics:1/16MathpresentedbyElizabethSweeney. 2/13 Safety presented by Brian Nelson, NYPD 1st Precinct.
- Cameras in schools are funded and installed by the DOE, not controlled by the school administration or PTA.
- New lighting will be installed in the gymnasium in January.
- Without PTA support, enrichment would not be possible, forex. NDA program and Meet the Writer series.
- Lateness and Absences: if late, new procedure is to sign in with security, drop off in main office, children will be escorted to classrooms. This is a less disruptive process for the rest of the class who has already started the day.
- Late passes are written starting at 8:40am. Attendance impacts our overall school rating and score.
- Morning drop off, reminder to enter on Greenwich and exit on Chambers no exceptions. At the next Safety Committee meeting, Dana will discuss the bottleneck of people, strollers, umbrellas, etc at the front gate during afternoon pick up.
- Budget is on track. YTD revenue $157,612 vs. $594,000 budget. YTD expenses $264,539 vs. $654,400 budget. YTD net income $106,927 vs. $-61,400 budget, which will likely net at year end.
1st VP REPORT
- Soccer Drive was a huge success. We collected 1,000 uniforms, 600pairs of shoes and 400 balls for children in Africa.
- Lice Check is Jan. 9 and 13, need 8 volunteers.
- Game Night is Jan. 10 for 4th and 5th grade students, need 20 volunteers.
- Winter Fair is Jan. 25 from 11:30am – 2:30pm.
- Taste of Tribeca needs leadership roles filled.
- Project Cicero is Feb. 28 – March 4. Books collected for under resourced NYC Schools.
- A motion to close the meeting was seconded and approved. The meeting ended at 9:29am.